Hat hair strikes at the most inopportune moments. You know, like when you bump into the boss in the elevator, or into that ex while picking up a latte at Starbucks. While those warm hats keep us nice and toasty, it’s nearly impossible to don them without falling victim to the much-maligned hat hair syndrome.
But you don’t need to give up hope on volume for the winter. Here’s how you can still enjoy hair filled with luxurious body even when the going gets super cold.
1. Volumize in the shower. Give hair a boost. Try L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner with Filloxane for hair that feels twice as thick*. Use L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler Fiber Amplifying Concentrate weekly as an in-shower treatment.
2. Stick with cotton and cashmere hats. Wool and synthetic materials like polyester are more apt to turn hair flat and full of static. Stick with cotton, cashmere and floppy styles like berets to give strands room to move.
3. Switch your hat out when you’re inside. When you reach your destination, take your hat off to give your hair a chance to bounce back. Give your strands a quick toss with fingers to reinvigorate your style.
4. Use volumizing products. Counter the effects of your favorite winter hat by using thickening products beforehand. L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler Densifying Gelee instantly infuses body and bounce while you blowdry. While the Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT line offers lasting volume and heat protection.
5. Wear an easy up-do. If you plan on wearing a winter hat all day but still want the appearance of volume, fake it by wearing your hair up. Brush hair into a high ponytail and fasten with an elastic. Braid the ponytail, circle it into a bun and pin it. Spritz with Lock It Bold Control Hairspray.
Big hair doesn’t have to be a seasonal trend. With L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler, you can stay warm and snug in your favorite hats and still rock voluminous hair.
*Feels like 2 times more hair based on a consumer test of shampoo and conditioner.