If you’ve ever headed out the door after styling your strands with the beautiful “b’s”—big, bouncy, body—only to catch a glimpse of hopelessly limp hair a couple of hours later in the bathroom mirror, you’re likely one of nearly half the population with fine hair.
Here are a few genius tricks to help you inject lasting bounce in your hair routine.
1. Start in the shower. Your shampoo can make or break a big hair day. Use an amplifying duo like Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner with Filloxane. Once a week, use the Volume Filler Fiber Amplifying Concentrate in-shower ampoule treatment. Mix with a bit of conditioner to deliver the highest concentration of Filloxane (5 percent!).
2. Do the flip. When blow-drying, flip your hair upside down and aim the hairdryer at the roots to use the forces of air and gravity to rev up body. For a mid-day pick-me-up, flip your hair upside down and fluff the roots with fingers to help reawaken volume at the base.
3. Layer on a thickener. Avoid heavy pomades and oils. Instead, use a thickener like L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler Densifying Gelee with Filloxane. Blow-dry for a final look that is filled with body.
4. Add a root lifter to your styling arsenal. Try the new Advanced Hairstyle Boost It line for another layer of bodifying action. The Blow Out Heatspray infuses body plus heat protection, while the High Lift Creation Spray targets the roots for a teased-up volume effect. The Volume Inject Mousse gives lifeless hair volume for an incredible 24 hours.
5. Tease your crown. Spritz hair with High Lift Creation Spray. With one hand, firmly hold a 1-inch section of hair straight up and tease the underside using short, quick strokes. Continue around the crown. Next, lightly smooth the sections with a comb, and spray with Lock It Fine Control Hairspray.
With L’Oréal Paris Volume Filler and Boost It products in your cabinet, red carpet hair can finally be achieved on the runway of your own life.
*Feels like 2 times more hair based on a consumer test of shampoo and conditioner.